The pool will be closed Monday September 7th in observance of Labor Day. The pool will also be closed Tuesday September 8th for maintenance.
Get pumped for our tubing trip this Saturday August 29th! The weather is looking perfect right now. Below are the details.
- Carpool Info
- If you plan to carpool, please meet at the Washington-Lee parking lot by 8am. Make sure to throw your driver a few bucks for gas. If you plan to drive separate, meet at 408 Alstadts Hill Road, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425 by 10am. We will meet by the outside desks. Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a ride so we can gauge how many cars are needed for carpools.
- Waivers and Payment
- Everyone will need to sign a waiver and pay separate. We are aiming to go off in the 10:30am unguided flat water tubing group. (Sometimes the crowds get large, so we may get pushed back to the 11am group. This doesn’t matter as long as we all watch the same safety video and are on the same bus.) You can either buy your ticket/sign the waiver ahead of time, or do it at River Riders.
- What to bring:
- Water Shoes (old sneakers work fine)
- Bathing suit
- Any snacks, food, lunch or drinks or food that you will consume on the river
- Towel and change of clothes to keep in the car or locker
- $35-$40 in cash is probably the easiest way to pay
- The trip should last about 3-4 hours. You’ll want to leave your electronics in the car or locker as things will get wet! Please contact Alison at 703-772-3125 if anything comes up the day of the event. Hope to see you there!
We had a great turnout at the summer BBQ! Many thanks to Jayme and Steve for hosting us.
The pool is currently closed and we are in the middle of a flash flood and thunderstorm warning. Practice is cancelled tonight. Stay dry!