- W-L and all Arlington County pools will be closed through April 13. This means there will be NO PRACTICE for the foreseeable future! You should have also received an email from USMS and Potomac Valley that all swim meets have been cancelled as well.
- Please practice healthy habits and safe social distancing, so that we can all get back in the pool as quickly as possible. You never know how healthy someone close to may be.
- Additionally, in an effort to keep everyone motivated to stay active, if you post a picture or video of yourself doing a non-swimming workout to the Facebook group page, you’ll be entered to win a 6-punch pass when the pool re-opens!! [If you don’t have Facebook, feel free to email and we’ll post for you]. So get creative and have fun! Hopefully we’ll be back in the pool soon.
- It’s that time of year to renew your USMS membership! The cost of renewal is $75 (which includes USMS, Zone and ARMS fees all in one). Everyone who was a registered member in 2019 should receive a custom email on or around November 1, from USMS with a personalized link to renew for 2020. If you do not receive a personalized link, the general link is here. Sign the waiver and select Potomac Valley as your LMSC and ARMS as your club. Bring proof of membership (either printed or via cellphone) to the front desk by Jan 1, 2020. If you do not have a USMS membership by January 1, 2020, you will not be able to practice with the team. USMS membership is necessary for liability and insurance.
- The pool is closed on Monday November 11th during practice time in observance of Veterans Day.
- Mark your calendar for Friday, December 13th. Details to come later this month.
- Are you interested in writing workouts, motivating your fellow swimmers and providing stroke technique/tips? ARMS is looking for an additional coach starting in the New Year to join the rotation of Allison, Dan and Lea. Let the Board know if you or anyone you know is interested.
- We are looking for two front desk volunteers for Tuesday and Thursday nights. It’s a minimal commitment twice a month, or every other week, and just involves showing up 15 minutes before practice to punch swimmers in and field questions of new members. You get a free swim each time you volunteer! We’d love to have some new blood at the desk. Email us if interested!
- The Sprint Classic Swim Meet hosted by the GMU Patriots is being held October 27 at George Mason University. Registration is now open at: http://www.patriotmasters.org/SprintClassic.htm There are 25s! Sign up now!
- The holiday party will be the evening of Friday December 13th at Andie Nelson’s house. Mark your calendars!
Sunday Sept 15 – Practice @ Wakefield Pool
Monday Sept 16 – Practice resumes @ W-L Pool
Friendly Reminder that ALL Practices the week of Sept 8 (Sunday – Thursday) will be at Yorktown High School! See you there!
Sunday Sept. 1 – Regular Practice @ W-L Pool
Monday Sept. 2 – NO PRACTICE
Tuesday Sept. 3 – Practice @ Yorktown Pool
Wednesday Sept. 4 – Practice @ Yorktown Pool
Thursday Sept. 5 – Practice @ Yorktown Pool
* All practices are regularly scheduled times (8:30 – 9:30 pm Tues-Thurs., 6:00 – 7:30 pm Sunday)