- Columbus Day- The pool will be closed for practice next Monday, October 10th in observance of the holiday. There will be practice on Sunday, October 9th. Enjoy your long weekend!
- Sprint Classic- Don’t forget to sign up for the Annual Sprint Classic on Sunday October 30th at George Mason Aquatic Center in Fairfax, VA. The last day to register is October 25th. Click here for more info.
- Happy Hour- The pool will be closed on Thursday November 3rd for a dive meet. We will hold happy hour instead. Stay tuned for details!
- Holiday Party- Our annual party will be Friday December 2nd from 7-10pm at Rachel Brown’s condo building. More details to follow in the upcoming weeks.
- Exec Board– We will have three openings on the board in the coming year for Vice President, Meet Coordinator and Secretary. It’s not too much of a time commitment and we are a fun group. Below are the descriptions of the available positions taken from our bylaws. Please email us at email@example.com if you’re interested in serving and let us know why! We’d love to get some new blood on board.
- Vice President- The Vice President shall have full authority to act on behalf of the President in the event the President is absent or unable to perform his or her duties. The Vice President shall perform other duties assigned to him or her by the President. The Vice President shall also act as the Equipment Manager. This includes assessing and purchasing such equipment that the Executive Committee deems necessary, promoting and designing team paraphernalia such as t-shirts, caps, banners, and other accessories, and keeping tabs on team equipment.
- Secretary- The Secretary shall record the proceedings of all meetings, shall maintain all necessary business and organizational records of Arlington Masters with the exception of those records required to be maintained by the Treasurer and provide oral and written assistance for prospective new members. The Secretary shall also act as a Social Media Coordinator. This includes promoting content for the team website and posts for social networks, providing outreach to the community, and acting as a liaison with other organizations or sponsors of the team. The Secretary shall also provide bi-monthly verbal announcements to the team at practice after a warm-up session, or appoint a coach or other member to announce said upcoming events.
- Meet Coordinator– The Meet Coordinator shall promote meets within the Potomac Valley region to all Full and Associate Members. The Meet Coordinator shall communicate with the coach in the weeks leading up to meets so that the coach can structure practices tailored to specific competitions (i.e. practicing starts, turns, tapering, and endurance work). The meet coordinator, or a Member he or she appoints, shall attend meets, promote relays, and foster other team bonding activities in support of said meet.
- There will be no coach for the rest of this week. The front desk volunteers will be writing the workouts.
- The Annual Sprint Classic will be held on Sunday October 30th at George Mason Aquatic Center in Fairfax, VA. We usually have a good group of people participating in this meet. New to meets and want to give it a try? This is a good one. What could be better than 50’s and 25’s? Jump in the hot tub after your race! Let us know if you’re attending. The last day to register is October 25th. Click here for more info.
- Mark your calendars- it’s never too early to start thinking about our annual Holiday Party. This year it will Friday December 2nd from 7-10pm in Rachel Brown’s building. More details to follow in the upcoming weeks. Thanks for hosting us again, Rachel!
The pool just closed for lightning and won’t be open for another 40 minutes. Because it looks like storms the rest of the night, practice is cancelled tonight, 8/15/16.
Washington-Lee Pool had a defecation in the pool this evening. Therefore the pool is closed tonight. Hope you’re enjoying the Olympics!
Washington Lee Pool is closed for maintenance today. There will be no practice.
Many thanks to Jayme and Steve for hosting another great party for us!
The pools are currently closed for thunder. Practice is cancelled tonight.
Dan and Rosemary are out this week, so the front desk volunteer will be writing the practices.
The pools are closed this Thursday April 14th for a middle school meet. Instead of practice, come to happy hour! We’ll be at O’Sullivans (3201 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA) from 7-9pm.
Finally, congrats to everyone who swam in the Zones meet yesterday! Special shout out to Jack Shu for competing in his first USMS meet and for winning all 5 of his events!