- We are looking for two front desk volunteers for Tuesday and Thursday nights. It’s a minimal commitment twice a month, or every other week, and just involves showing up 15 minutes before practice to punch swimmers in and field questions of new members. You get a free swim each time you volunteer! We’d love to have some new blood at the desk. Email us if interested!
- The Sprint Classic Swim Meet hosted by the GMU Patriots is being held October 27 at George Mason University. Registration is now open at: http://www.patriotmasters.org/SprintClassic.htm There are 25s! Sign up now!
- The holiday party will be the evening of Friday December 13th at Andie Nelson’s house. Mark your calendars!
Sunday Sept 15 – Practice @ Wakefield Pool
Monday Sept 16 – Practice resumes @ W-L Pool
Friendly Reminder that ALL Practices the week of Sept 8 (Sunday – Thursday) will be at Yorktown High School! See you there!
Sunday Sept. 1 – Regular Practice @ W-L Pool
Monday Sept. 2 – NO PRACTICE
Tuesday Sept. 3 – Practice @ Yorktown Pool
Wednesday Sept. 4 – Practice @ Yorktown Pool
Thursday Sept. 5 – Practice @ Yorktown Pool
* All practices are regularly scheduled times (8:30 – 9:30 pm Tues-Thurs., 6:00 – 7:30 pm Sunday)
- Memorial Day- No practice next Monday May 27th in observance of Memorial Day. Sunday practice will be as normally scheduled, but there will most likely not be a coach.
- Summer Team BBQ– Saturday June 22nd at 909 N Emerson Street, Arlington, VA 22205. RSVP HERE or if you don’t use Facebook, then to email@example.com. Please bring a dessert (lanes 1–2), an appetizer (lanes 3-4) or a side dish (lanes 5-6). Meat and drinks will be provided.
- NATS Swim Night- Friday August 16th Stay tuned for how to sign up for group tickets!
- Punch Pass Reminder: When you show the front desk your receipt for a new punch pass, you need to show your full, original receipt via paper or on your phone (no screenshots) so that the front desk can verify the purchase. We’ve also noticed some swimmers are not signing in and punching for practice. You MUST punch your card and sign in every time you practice with us. Arlington County will also enact a slight price increase on punch cards starting July 1, 2019 to include a Pool Use Fee. The Pool Use Fee adopted by the County Board in the FY’20 budget will be charged to aquatics program participants in all programs (classes, private lessons and teams). The fee will provide additional support to Arlington Public Schools (APS) for the operation and maintenance costs associated with the pools. See below for pricing. Our punch cards never expire, so feel free to stock up now.
- Trial Swim Policy- We no longer offer a free swim for your first trial practice. New swimmers will need to pay the cost that Arlington County charges for a one time swim pass ($10 resident, $13 non resident). A USMS membership is not needed for your first trial swim, only after that.