The pool just closed for lightning and won’t be open for another 40 minutes. Because it looks like storms the rest of the night, practice is cancelled tonight, 8/15/16.
Washington-Lee Pool had a defecation in the pool this evening. Therefore the pool is closed tonight. Hope you’re enjoying the Olympics!
Washington Lee Pool is closed for maintenance today. There will be no practice.
Many thanks to Jayme and Steve for hosting another great party for us!
The pools are currently closed for thunder. Practice is cancelled tonight.
Dan and Rosemary are out this week, so the front desk volunteer will be writing the practices.
The pools are closed this Thursday April 14th for a middle school meet. Instead of practice, come to happy hour! We’ll be at O’Sullivans (3201 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA) from 7-9pm.
Finally, congrats to everyone who swam in the Zones meet yesterday! Special shout out to Jack Shu for competing in his first USMS meet and for winning all 5 of his events!
The pools will be closed during practice in observance of Easter.
- Despite the schools being closed today, practice is on tonight, February 16th, as normally scheduled.
- The Ancient Mariners will be hosting their annual Albatross Open Swim Meet and Social on Saturday, March 5 in Bethesda, MD. Full details are available on the meet website. Click this LINK for more information.
- The Colonies Zone SCY Championships in Fairfax, Virginia at George Mason University will be held Friday, April 8 – Sunday, April 10, 2016. Meet is open to ALL USMS swimmers with a valid 2016 registration. Registration opens February 27th and closes April 1st. Click this LINK for registration and additional information.
- The 2016 Nationwide U.S. Masters Swimming – National Championship will take place April 28 – May 1 at the Greensboro Aquatic Center in Greensboro, NC. Online entries are NOW OPEN! Click this LINK for registration and additional information.
- DelMoSports LLC is hosting the Escape to Lewes Open Water Swim Classic October 1, 2016. Athletes jump off the Cape May Lewes Ferry and swim in the closed breakwater harbor for either one or three miles. They are sanctioned by USMS and WOWSA. The director s giving us a 10% discount for the event. Use the code “ARMS2016” at checkout. For more information, see the flyer attachment and click the LINK.