USMS RENEWAL TIME!
- It’s that time of year to renew your USMS membership! The cost of renewal is $65 (which includes USMS, Zone and ARMS fees all in one). Everyone who was a registered member in 2017 should receive a custom email on or around November 1, 2017 from USMS with a personalized link to renew for 2018. If you do not receive a personalized link, the general link is here. Sign the waiver and select Potomac Valley as your LMSC and ARMS as your club. Bring proof of membership (either printed or via cellphone) to the front desk by Jan 1, 2018. If you do not have a USMS membership by Jan 1 you will not be able to swim at practice with the team or purchase punch cards. USMS membership is necessary for liability and insurance.
Pool Closure Thursday November 2, 2017
- We’ve been bumped this Thursday. Go for a run, do some dryland or take a rest day instead!
- Our annual holiday party will be held on Friday December 1, 2017 from 7-10pm in Rachel Brown’s party room (1020 N Highland Street, Arlington, VA 22101). The team is providing drinks and pizza. Please bring something to share based on your lane.
- Lanes 1/2- bring a fruit/vegetable/salad to share;
- Lanes 3/4- bring an appetizer to share;
- Lanes 5/6- bring a dessert to share.
- RSVP through the Facebook Invite. We will also conduct board elections.
- Back by popular demand, we will be doing the White Elephant Gift Exchange again for those that want to participate. Please limit your gift to $10. Gag gifts, funny gifts, and swimmer gifts are the best.
- We will also be honoring those who have been on the team for 10+ years with a special prize if you show up to the party.
- Finally, we will be hosting a food drive to donate to the Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC). Please bring a canned good to the holiday party. We will have a competition between lanes to see who can bring the most food! The winning lane gets to coach Dan in a set! See the attached flyer for more information. AFAC-Flyer- Holiday Party