USMS RENEWAL TIME!
- It’s that time of year to renew your USMS membership! The cost of renewal is $65 (which includes USMS, Zone and ARMS fees all in one).
- Everyone who was a registered member in 2018 should receive a custom email on or around November 1, 2018, from USMS with a personalized link to renew for 2019. If you do not receive a personalized link, the general link is here.
- Sign the waiver and select Potomac Valley as your LMSC and ARMS as your club. Bring proof of membership (either printed or via cellphone) to the front desk by Jan 1, 2019.
- If you do not have a USMS membership by Jan 1 you will not be able to swim at practice with the team. USMS membership is necessary for liability and insurance. This year, USMS is requiring you to make a profile with an email address and password. Please update information accordingly.
Pool Closure Monday, November 12, 2018
- The pool is closed for Veteran’s Day on Monday, November 12th so we will not have practice that night.
- Our annual holiday party will be held on Saturday, December 1st from 5-8pm in Rachel Brown’s party room (1020 N Highland St). The team is providing drinks and pizza. Please bring something to share based on your lane.
- Lanes 1/2- bring a fruit/vegetable/salad to share;
- Lanes 3/4- bring an appetizer to share;
- Lanes 5/6- bring a dessert to share.
- RSVP through the Facebook Facebook Invite (or if you don’t use Facebook, then RSVP to this email). We will also conduct board elections.
- Back by popular demand, we will be doing the White Elephant Gift Exchange again for those who want to participate. Please limit your gift to $10. Gag gifts, funny gifts, and swimmer gifts are the best.
- Finally, we will be hosting a food drive to donate to the Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC). Please bring a canned good to the holiday party. We will have a competition between lanes to see who can bring the most food! See the attached flyers for more information.
- Congrats to all the swimmers who participated in the Sprint Classic this past weekend!