Whether you’re swimming for fitness, training for competition, or in need of stroke tips, Arlington Masters is the place for you. We are a fun, social group of individuals of all ages, with practices five times a week at Long Bridge Aquatics & Fitness Center.
PRACTICE TIMES & LOCATION
We will be swimming at Long Bridge Aquatics & Fitness Center beginning on Tuesday, September 7, 2021.
8:00pm – 9:00pm
Swimmers train in the same lane as others with similar abilities.
- Lanes 5/6 are faster speeds. These swimmers have typically trained in college and maintain quick intervals (A set of 100’s are typically completed on a 1:20 interval.)
- Lanes 3/4 are medium speeds. (A set of 100’s are typically completed on a 1:30-1:40 interval.)
- Lanes 1/2 are slower speeds. (A set of 100’s are typically completed on a 1:45-2:00 interval).
- Yardage per practice ranges from 2,700-3,600 yards for 1 hour practices, and 3,000-5,000 yards for 1.5 hour practices, depending on lane speed.
- We cap practices at the first 30 people who sign in at the front desk. This means a max of 5 people per lane with 6 lanes total.
- New members who wish to practice with us will be required to complete a swimming assessment consisting of the ability to swim 100 yards freestyle in under 2 minutes.
- If you don’t think you are quite at the Masters level, try one of the Arlington County Adult Level Swim Classes or Private Swim Lessons.