Friendly Reminder that ALL Practices the week of Sept 8 (Sunday – Thursday) will be at Yorktown High School! See you there!
Sunday Sept. 1 – Regular Practice @ W-L Pool
Monday Sept. 2 – NO PRACTICE
Tuesday Sept. 3 – Practice @ Yorktown Pool
Wednesday Sept. 4 – Practice @ Yorktown Pool
Thursday Sept. 5 – Practice @ Yorktown Pool
* All practices are regularly scheduled times (8:30 – 9:30 pm Tues-Thurs., 6:00 – 7:30 pm Sunday)
- Memorial Day- No practice next Monday May 27th in observance of Memorial Day. Sunday practice will be as normally scheduled, but there will most likely not be a coach.
- Summer Team BBQ– Saturday June 22nd at 909 N Emerson Street, Arlington, VA 22205. RSVP HERE or if you don’t use Facebook, then to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bring a dessert (lanes 1–2), an appetizer (lanes 3-4) or a side dish (lanes 5-6). Meat and drinks will be provided.
- NATS Swim Night- Friday August 16th Stay tuned for how to sign up for group tickets!
- Punch Pass Reminder: When you show the front desk your receipt for a new punch pass, you need to show your full, original receipt via paper or on your phone (no screenshots) so that the front desk can verify the purchase. We’ve also noticed some swimmers are not signing in and punching for practice. You MUST punch your card and sign in every time you practice with us. Arlington County will also enact a slight price increase on punch cards starting July 1, 2019 to include a Pool Use Fee. The Pool Use Fee adopted by the County Board in the FY’20 budget will be charged to aquatics program participants in all programs (classes, private lessons and teams). The fee will provide additional support to Arlington Public Schools (APS) for the operation and maintenance costs associated with the pools. See below for pricing. Our punch cards never expire, so feel free to stock up now.
- Trial Swim Policy- We no longer offer a free swim for your first trial practice. New swimmers will need to pay the cost that Arlington County charges for a one time swim pass ($10 resident, $13 non resident). A USMS membership is not needed for your first trial swim, only after that.
Arlington County has closed all pools on Sunday Jan. 13 due to snow. There is NO PRACTICE on Sunday!
Below is the holiday practice schedule:
- Sunday December 23- Regular practice
- Monday December 24- No practice
- Tuesday December 25- No practice
- Wednesday December 26- Regular practice
- Thursday December 27- Regular practice
- Sunday December 30- Regular practice
- Monday December 31- No practice
- Tuesday January 1- No practice
- Wednesday January 2- Regular practice
- Thursday January 3- Regular practice
- It’s that time of year to renew your USMS membership! The cost of renewal is $65 (which includes USMS, Zone and ARMS fees all in one).
- Everyone who was a registered member in 2018 should receive a custom email on or around November 1, 2018, from USMS with a personalized link to renew for 2019. If you do not receive a personalized link, the general link is here.
- Sign the waiver and select Potomac Valley as your LMSC and ARMS as your club. Bring proof of membership (either printed or via cellphone) to the front desk by Jan 1, 2019.
- If you do not have a USMS membership by Jan 1 you will not be able to swim at practice with the team. USMS membership is necessary for liability and insurance. This year, USMS is requiring you to make a profile with an email address and password. Please update information accordingly.
- The pool is closed for Veteran’s Day on Monday, November 12th so we will not have practice that night.
- Our annual holiday party will be held on Saturday, December 1st from 5-8pm in Rachel Brown’s party room (1020 N Highland St). The team is providing drinks and pizza. Please bring something to share based on your lane.
- Lanes 1/2- bring a fruit/vegetable/salad to share;
- Lanes 3/4- bring an appetizer to share;
- Lanes 5/6- bring a dessert to share.
- RSVP through the Facebook Facebook Invite (or if you don’t use Facebook, then RSVP to this email). We will also conduct board elections.
- Back by popular demand, we will be doing the White Elephant Gift Exchange again for those who want to participate. Please limit your gift to $10. Gag gifts, funny gifts, and swimmer gifts are the best.
- Finally, we will be hosting a food drive to donate to the Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC). Please bring a canned good to the holiday party. We will have a competition between lanes to see who can bring the most food! See the attached flyers for more information.
- Congrats to all the swimmers who participated in the Sprint Classic this past weekend!
- No practice next Monday October 8th in observance of Columbus Day.
- Sign up for the Sprint Classic at GMU on Sunday October 28th. The deadline to register is October 22nd.
- No practice Monday November 12th in observance of Veterans Day.
- We are looking for a coach on Sundays. If you are interested or know anyone, please email us! This is a paid position.
- The current coaching schedule is as follows: Sundays- Vacant, Mondays- Allison Miller, Tuesdays- Dan Summers, Wednesdays- Ana Duarte, Thursdays- Dan Summers
- Mark your calendars for the annual holiday party on Saturday December 1st in the evening. More details to follow!