We had a record 22 swimmers participate in the meet this past weekend. Great job everyone!
- Pool Closures- There are a few upcoming pool closures that impact us. See this calendar for more details. Note that next week we have two closings.
- Monday January 16th- No practice, pools are closed for MLK Day.
- Wednesday January 18th- No practice, pools are closed for a high school meet.
- Thursday January 26th- No practice, pools are closed for a high school meet. Instead join us for happy hour at Spirits of 76.
- Thursday February 2nd- No practice, pools are closed for a high school meet.
- Monday February 20th- No practice, pools closed for Presidents’ Day.
- Practice Cap-
- We have noticed increased crowds this January. In order to make your workout efficient and have the coach reach all the lanes, the board has decided to cap practices at the first 30 people (29 swimmers plus 1 front desk volunteer) who sign in at the front desk. It is imperative that you have a valid 2017 USMS registration in order to swim with us. You will be turned away if you don’t. Be on time to practice! The coach reserves the right to turn you away if numbers are high and you are late.
- Tropical Splash Swim Meet-
- Don’t forget to sign up for the Tropical Splash Swim Meet on Sunday January 29, 2017 at the George Washington Rec Center in Alexandria, VA. This is a great relaxed meet to do if you haven’t competed in a while. At the end of the meet is the ever famous coconut relay!
- Swim Outlet-
- In need of swim gear? Don’t forget that we have a Swim Outlet Store! Let Ana know if you want to add anything else to the team vault. Even if your’re purchasing non-ARMS gear, click on our link anyway before shopping and the team will receive a portion of your bill.
We had a great turnout at the holiday party! Thank you to Rachel for hosting us. Please welcome Ana Duarte, Carolyn Ziv, Matt Anderson & Aaron Frederick to the Exec Board. Thanks for stepping up. We are thrilled to have some new blood. The 2017 Board is:
- President- Alison Mathey Lambeth
- Vice President- Ana Duarte
- Treasurer- Rachel Brown
- Registrar- Meredith Allen
- Secretary- Carolyn Ziv
- Meet Coordinators- Matt Anderson & Aaron Frederick
Please look here for upcoming pool closures. Below are the upcoming dates that impact us.
- Sunday December 25- No Practice
- Monday December 26, Tuesday December 27, Wednesday December 28, Thursday December 29- Regular practice as normal
- Sunday January 1- No Practice
- Monday January 2- No Practice
- Practice Reminder– no practice tonight Wednesday November 23, and tomorrow Thursday November 24. Practice will be normal on Sunday. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
- Holiday Party! Friday December 2 from 7-10pm at Rachel Brown’s Condo- 1020 N Highland Street, Arlington, VA 22201 in the club room on the second floor. RSVP on our Facebook page or sign up at the pool. We are providing drinks and pizza. Please bring an appetizer, snack, side dish or dessert. For those that are interested, we are going to do a white elephant gift exchange. What is white elephant? You bring a wrapped gift (examples: a gag gift, swimming gift, bottle of wine, etc)- and don’t spend more than $10. We’ll go around and each person who brought a gift gets to pick a wrapped gift or steal someone’s already unwrapped gift. We hope to see you there!
- USMS Renewal– Not to beat a dead horse, but please renew your USMS memberships! If you haven’t renewed by January 1, 2017, you will not be allowed to practice. Everyone who was a registered member in 2016 should have received an email from USMS with a personalized link to renew for 2017. If you did not receive a personalized link, the general link is here. Sign the waiver and select Potomac Valley as your LMSC and ARMS as your club.
Thanks to the Spirits of 76 for hosting our team happy hour! We are excited to be sponsored by you!
It’s that time of year to renew your USMS membership! The cost of renewal is $60 (includes USMS, LMSC and ARMS fees all in one). Everyone who was a registered member in 2016 should have received an email from USMS with a personalized link to renew for 2017. If you did not receive a personalized link, the general link is here. Sign the waiver and select Potomac Valley as your LMSC and ARMS as your club. Bring proof of membership (either printed or via cellphone) to the front desk by Jan 1, 2017. If you do not have a USMS membership by Jan 1 you will not be able to swim at practice with the team.