- Coach Dan will be out of town the next two weeks. The front desk volunteer will be writing workouts in his absence (written by Dan). Let the volunteer know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your patience!
- The pool will be closed next Tuesday, January 30th, so we will not hold practice then.
- The pool will be closed Monday February 19th in observance of Columbus Day. In lieu of practice, we will hold happy hour at Spirits of 76 in Arlington from 6:30-8pm.
- We are still looking for a front desk volunteer every other Sunday. You’ll get a free swim each time you work the desk! It’s an easy commitment. Email us if interested!
Thanks to everyone who came out to volunteer with the Arlington Food Assistance Center!
- This is your final reminder to renew your USMS membership. Starting today, if you do not have a current USMS membership, you will be turned away at practice. The cost of renewal is $65 (which includes USMS, Zone and ARMS fees all in one). The link to renew here. Bring proof of membership (either printed or via cellphone) to the front desk, where the front desk volunteer will be checking you off a list once you have renewed. USMS membership is necessary for liability and insurance.
- In the beginning of the year, we tend to see an increase in swimmers. Brush up on your swim etiquette to ensure a fun and productive practice for all. Practices are capped at 30 swimmers (29 swimmers plus 1 front desk volunteer), so make sure to arrive early.
- Finally, the annual Tropical Splash Meet will be held in Alexandria, VA on Sunday January 28th. This is a great meet to ease back into competitive swimming. The registration deadline is January 19th. More info to follow!
- Sunday December 24 (Christmas Eve)- No Practice
- Monday December 25 (Christmas Day)- No Practice
- Tuesday December 26- Regular Practice
- Wednesday December 27- Regular Practice
- Thursday December 28- Regular Practice
- Sunday December 31 (New Years Eve)- No Practice
- Monday January 1 (New Years Day)- No Practice
- Tuesday January 2- Regular Practice
Our annual holiday party was quite the event this season! Team members brought 89 pounds of canned food to donate to AFAC. Great job! We also honored our veteran members who have been swimming with us for 10+ years. Thank you for your commitment!
We will not hold practice on Wednesday November 22nd or Thursday November 23rd this week in observance of Thanksgiving. Sunday November 26th will be normal practice.
- It’s that time of year to renew your USMS membership! The cost of renewal is $65 (which includes USMS, Zone and ARMS fees all in one). Everyone who was a registered member in 2017 should receive a custom email on or around November 1, 2017 from USMS with a personalized link to renew for 2018. If you do not receive a personalized link, the general link is here. Sign the waiver and select Potomac Valley as your LMSC and ARMS as your club. Bring proof of membership (either printed or via cellphone) to the front desk by Jan 1, 2018. If you do not have a USMS membership by Jan 1 you will not be able to swim at practice with the team or purchase punch cards. USMS membership is necessary for liability and insurance.
- We’ve been bumped this Thursday. Go for a run, do some dryland or take a rest day instead!
- Our annual holiday party will be held on Friday December 1, 2017 from 7-10pm in Rachel Brown’s party room (1020 N Highland Street, Arlington, VA 22101). The team is providing drinks and pizza. Please bring something to share based on your lane.
- Lanes 1/2- bring a fruit/vegetable/salad to share;
- Lanes 3/4- bring an appetizer to share;
- Lanes 5/6- bring a dessert to share.
- RSVP through the Facebook Invite. We will also conduct board elections.
- Back by popular demand, we will be doing the White Elephant Gift Exchange again for those that want to participate. Please limit your gift to $10. Gag gifts, funny gifts, and swimmer gifts are the best.
- We will also be honoring those who have been on the team for 10+ years with a special prize if you show up to the party.
- Finally, we will be hosting a food drive to donate to the Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC). Please bring a canned good to the holiday party. We will have a competition between lanes to see who can bring the most food! The winning lane gets to coach Dan in a set! See the attached flyer for more information. AFAC-Flyer- Holiday Party
We had a busy social week of a team happy hour followed by the Sprint Classic! Some of our swimmers even decided to wear costumes in the spirit of Halloween!
- Columbus Day Classic– Saturday October 7th at Wilson Aquatic Center in DC. The last day to register is this Friday September 29th! It sounds like we have a good crew attending.
- No practice- Monday October 9th– Pools closed in observance of Columbus day.
- Happy Hour! – Thursday October 26th- No practice, pools are closed. Come join us at Spirits of ’76 from 6-8pm.
- Sprint Classic– Sunday October 29th at George Mason Aquatic Center Fairfax, VA. This meet includes 25’s and a hot tub!
- USMS Renewal- November 1st – December 31st- time to renew your USMS membership! More details to follow in the next couple months.
- Holiday Party- Friday December 1st in the evening at 1020 N Highland Street, Arlington, VA 22201 in the club room on the second floor.