- Monday – coach’s choice (a mix of kick, pull, stroke, sprint and distance)
- Tuesday – stroke-focused practice (IM’s and drills)
- Wednesday – distance night (longer sets, mostly freestyle)
- Thursday – sprints & intervals
- Sunday – longer yardage focused practice
* The fee for your first practice is the fee Arlington County charges for a one time swim pass (you do not need to register for USMS before your first practice). Swimmers will be asked to sign a waiver at the front desk. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to complete the form and talk to our front desk representative. Swimmers will need to be able to complete a swimming assessment of 100 yards freestyle in under 2 minutes in order to practice with us. If you decide to join the team after your first practice, you are required to purchase a USMS Membership and purchase “punch tickets.” Punch tickets can be purchased online at the following rates, effective July 1, 2019:
- Single swim drop in- $10 for residents and $13 for non-residents
- 6 swims: $45 for residents and $60 non-residents
- 12 swims: $80 for residents; $125 for non-residents
- 36 swims: $210 for residents, and N/A for non-residents
* Under the Sports menu, select Master’s Swim. You will be taken to the punch pass purchase page. A confirmation receipt is generated at the end of the transaction and must be printed out or produced on your phone to exchange for a punch pass at the pool within 30 days of purchase. If you do not have access to a computer, you may purchase a pass by calling the DPR Registration Office at 703-228-4747 (Monday – Friday 8am-5pm).
* If you are a USMS member who is registered with another team, you will need to pay a $15 annual fee in order to attend our social events. Checks are payable to Arlington Masters Swim Team, or a paypal payment is payable to email@example.com. Check out our Join the team! page for more information!