- Monday – coach’s choice (a mix of kick, pull, stroke, sprint and distance)
- Tuesday – stroke-focused practice (IM’s and drills)
- Wednesday – distance night (longer sets, mostly freestyle)
- Thursday – sprints & intervals
- Sunday – longer yardage focused practice
* The first practice is a free trial (you do not need to register for USMS before your free swim). Swimmers will be asked to sign a waiver at the front desk. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to complete the form and talk to our front desk representative. Swimmers will need to be able to complete a swimming assessment of 100 yards freestyle in under 2 minutes in order to practice with us. If you decide to join the team after your first swim, you are required to purchase a USMS Membership and purchase “punch tickets.” Punch tickets can be purchased online at the following rates:
- Single swim drop in- $12
- 6 swims: $40 for residents and $55 non-residents
- 12 swims: $70 for residents; $115 for non-residents
- 36 swims: $180 for residents, and coming soon for non-residents
* Under the Sports menu, select Master’s Swim. You will be taken to the punch pass purchase page. A confirmation receipt is generated at the end of the transaction and must be printed out or produced on your phone to exchange for a punch pass at the pool within 30 days of purchase. If you do not have access to a computer, you may purchase a pass by calling the PRCR Registration Office at 703-228-4747 (Monday – Friday 8am-5pm).
* If you are a USMS member who is registered with another team, you will need to pay a $15 annual fee in order to attend our social events. Checks are payable to Arlington Masters Swim Team, or a paypal payment is payable to firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our Join the team! page for more information!